DATES FOR THE DIARY
- Term 3 2017 dates are Monday 17th July to Saturday 23rd September (10 weeks)
- Term 3 Gym Gala day: Sunday 10th September at Sydney Olympic Park
- Term 4 2017 dates are Monday 9th October to Saturday 9th December (9 weeks)
- Term 4 Development Competition: Sunday 22nd October at Sydney Olympic Park
Dates for re-enrolment/new enrolments for Term 4 2017:
- Re-enrolment of current students – 28th Aug – 4th Sep
- Opportunity to change class for current students – 7th – 8th Sep
- Enrolment for wait listed students – from Monday 11th Sep
- Enrolment for new students – from Wednesday 13th Sep
Gymnasts are automatically placed in a class for the following term. These places will be held without payment until a specified date. The class will then open to customers on the waitlist and then new customers.
To complete your re-enrolment choose Re-enrol in a class from the menu and follow the prompts.
- Log in with your surname and email address
- Confirm your re-enrolment by making an online credit card payment
- Subject to availability, you may change the day or time of your class
Simply choose to Enrol in a class or a Enrol in holiday camp from the menu and follow the prompts to enrol in an East Gymnastics class. Class enrolments are managed through the Timetable page where you can click on a class with availability to enrol or join a wait list.
- If you are a new customer you will need to create a new customer profile followed by a profile for your child
- Once logged in you may book the selected class or holiday camp, then pay online via credit card to secure the enrolment immediately
- If you would like to join a waitlist for a full class, follow the same process for a class of your choice. You will be advised if a place in that class becomes available
You are able to book into a trial class if there is a vacancy in the class on the day of the class. Note – spots will not be held for trials. Please check availability on the morning of the class by clicking Book a trial class for TODAY. If there is availability you may book in and pay online. You will first need to ensure you have created a customer profile and a profile for your child.
Choose Adult classes from the menu. You are required to purchase class credits (either for a single class, 5-class or 10-class pass) prior to booking in for a class. Please buy your pass first and then remember to go back and book in for a particular date. Adult classes are suitable for all levels.
45 minute classes cost $25 (incl. GST), 1 hour classes cost $28 (incl. GST), and 1.5 hour classes cost $38 (incl. GST). You are required to pay for the term in advance to secure your place in the class. The term fee is the number of classes in the term x cost per class.
Please see Adult classes for pricing information.
WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING TO CLASS
It is important that children bring a drink bottle to class, they work hard and have regular drink breaks.
Girls should wear a leotard/one piece swimming costume or leggings and close fitting t-shirt/singlet. East Gymnastics leotards and bike pants are available for purchase, click ONLINE STORE to buy them and try on/pick up your items at the gym.
Boys should ideally wear a close fitting tank top and shorts, or a t-shirt and shorts. East Gymnastics singlets and shorts are also available for purchase, click ONLINE STORE to buy them and try on/pick up your items at the gym.
School uniforms and skirts/dresses are not appropriate. Please do not wear ballet skirts or dresses – they can get caught on equipment or while being spotted and blind the children when upside down.
Bare feet and please no shoes inside the gym (this includes parents!).
Please ensure long hair is tied back and jewellery is not worn to class.
END OF TERM OPEN CLASSES
At the end of Terms 2 and 4 we invite parents to come and watch their child’s class and award presentation ceremony. The children are always very proud to display what they have learned to their mum or dad! All children receive a participation certificate and children who have shown commitment to classes receive achievement ribbons.
ANNUAL GALA DAY
For the first time in 2017 we will host a Gala Day at Sydney Olympic Park for our gymnasts age 7+. Gymnasts will be displaying skills they are working on in addition to being assessed on core skills and strength elements relevant to their Stage of our program.
During Term 3 our gymnasts work very hard on their skills and on a special display warm up for the Gala Day. Parents are invited to watch and all gymnasts receive a participation ribbon. At the end there is always time to play around in the foam pit!
We allow one make-up class per term provided at least 24 hours’ notice of a child’s absence is provided.
How to register an absence/book a make-up class:
- Go to eastgymnastics.com.au/my-account
- Click “absences/make up classes”
- Log in to your account using your surname and email address
- Register which date/s your child will be absent
- Click on the “book a make-up class” link to see what is available
- Availability for a make-up class will vary from one day to the next depending on who has registered an absence. If nothing is available please check again at a later date
All our classes except for Mini gym are DROP OFF classes. Please assist by saying a quick goodbye to your child and leaving the gym area. You are welcome to wait in our waiting room and to watch the class through our viewing windows.
For young children we understand the first class can be difficult so will allow you to stay closer if your child is unsettled, but will encourage you to move to the waiting room otherwise.
At the end of Terms 2 and 4 we will have open classes where parents can come and see their child’s progress.
DROP-OFF AND PICK UP PROCEDURES
The safety of your children is very important to us so please follow the following procedures:
- Stay with your child if you arrive early. Our coaches are busy either setting up or coaching and cannot be responsible for children left unattended in the waiting room
- Come inside the waiting room to collect your child (don’t sit in your car and wait for your child to come outside)
- Talk to your child about staying inside until you arrive and not walking outside to look for you
- NOTE: If you would like your child to leave the gym alone, they need to bring a note at the start of term allowing them to leave unattended.